CLASSIFICATION: Hired – beginning at 10 hours/week
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor
Directly Supervises: communications volunteer team (photography, videography, graphics, social media, website)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate, lead, and manage a team of communications ministry volunteers (social media posters, writers, photographers, graphic designers, videographers, website updaters etc.).
- Work with staff to develop communications processes and define priorities to create an environment in which messages can be communicated clearly, creatively and effectively.
- Work with staff to develop and implement a communications strategy that internally and externally depicts the vision, mission, values and happenings of VotL. This should include things like: keeping social media and website content fresh and engaging; collecting and telling stories of life change; photographing the congregation on Sundays, mission trips, special events, etc.
- Write and edit messages for use in various mediums and audiences. E.g. monthly Happenings bulletin insert, blog posts, social media postings, weekly announcements with graphics or video, etc.
- Ensure that high-quality and highest impact messaging is created for both internal and external audiences in ways that are concise, clear, and creative.
- Maximize communication potential of digital church sign on Loomis Rd
- Partner with staff to help proactively plan and support their communications needs in a timely way
- Serve as the “eyes” for all things print and electronic, looking for clear communication and consistency according to VotL style guide.
- Stay current on communications and technological trends and look for opportunities to use this information to more effectively communicate with the community and church family.
- Experience with social media communications: especially Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Proficiency with Creative Suite programs and design skills (photoshop, indesign, illustrator and WordPress as examples)
- Ability to help set priorities and manage volunteers toward goals
- Willingness to learn, study best practices of other churches, and receive feedback
- Organized and reliable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, enjoys collaborating
- Takes initiative to discover new ways to help
- Communications or marketing related experience or background highly desirable
- Ability to be a self-starter and work with limited direction
LENGTH OF SERVICE
Ongoing. Potential to grow from 10 hrs/wk to 20 hrs/wk.
APPLICATION AND INTERVIEW PROCESS
Interviews will begin early in January, 2018. The goal is to select a qualified candidate by January 31st. Please submit your resume by December 31. If you have a portfolio of work, please submit that as well. Resumes can be emailed to Jeff Guenther or mailed to Victory of the Lamb, c/o Jeff Guenther, 11120 W. Loomis Road, Franklin, WI 53132
Any questions regarding this position can be directed to Jeff Guenther .