APRIL 2022 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time: April 18, 2022, 6:30pm
Present: Pastor Bill, Pastor Ben, Jacob Guenther, Jim Vogel, Jason Seiberlich, Mike Shinners, Tim Orlowski, Ron Takacs, JoJo Moore, Mike Shinners
- Members traveling from over a half hour away for worship because they want to be a part of what’s going on at Victory.
- Volunteers & Staff did an amazing job during Easter weekend.
- One of the men’s mentoring group is still staying in touch even after the group ended.
- Easter Egg Hunt was a huge success. There were dozens of new families and around 250 in attendance, plus volunteers.
- Highest Good Friday & Easter Attendance EVER at Victory! Praise God!
- Installation of Jayne, Cindy, and Robina will be on May 1st 9:00am.
- Dash Boards: Pastor Bill is in the process of meeting with staff members to complete their three-month dashboards. Dash Boards are a list of current projects and priorities for each staff member and department.
- Director of Communications Position
- Two people have submitted applications as of the date of the meeting.
- Jim, Tim, and Jeff will be in on the intial round of interviewing for this position.
- Confirmation Sunday: Confirmation will be held May 1 at 10:30am service. There will be 14 confirmands, which is the largest class ever!
- Remodel Project with Catalyst: Pastor Bill should request a rendering if possible for the project. Catalyst representatives coming to the Ministry Center on Thurday, April 21 to look around again. Catalyst will schedule a design meeting to go over final plans.
- Parking Lot: This project is still in the works with permitting and construction plans. It needs to be completed by the Community Concert on July 16.
- Retention Ponds: The retention ponds at the Ministry Center were inspected per city regulations. Victory will need to do some work to renovate and clean these up.
- Youth Group (International Youth Rally Trip): This opportunity costs $375/student. It will be held at the University of Tennessee from June 28-July 1. 15 kids and 4 adults attending from Victory.
- Life Group: Victory will launch life groups again in September. A 20-somethings group is starting up in April.
- Financial Report: Given and reviewed by the Leadership Team.
- 2022/2023 Financial Ministry Plan: Staff have submitted requests for next year’s ministry plan. Jason will have a draft to share by the next Leadership Team meeting.
- Volunteerism: Our volunteer numbers are increasing for worship and other serving opportunities as people return to in-person worship after COVID.
- Discussion about Church App: Almost 175 people are on the Your Daily Victory app. It is reaching others outside of Victory. However, we’ll be moving towards doing everything on one app, ChurchCenter (through Planning Center, our church management software).
- Easter Egg Hunt: 269 people showed up, while 320 signed up to attend. Weather was a bit of an issue, but feedback from the event was overwhelmingly positive.
- Discover: The last Discover opportunity had good turn out; roughly 25 people attended the last Discover meeting.
- Country Dale: Victory hosted Better Together (coffee/milkshake truck) last week at Country Dale. Great mission opportunity!
- Community Concert: We’ll host this event again this year on July 16. Robina is hard at work preparing for this event.
- Note: Pastor Ben and Emily going to San Antonio to celebration 10 years in the Ministry!
Next meeting is scheduled for May 9, 2022 at 6:30 pm.