August 2019 LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
Date/Time/Location: August 12, 2019 at the Ministry Center
Present: Jeff Guenther, Jay Justmann, Kevin Rasmussen, Steve Abramowski, Ron Takacs, Pastor Bill, Pastor Ben
OPENING AND DEVOTION
Our meeting began with a brief devotion on the different styles of Evangelism. There are many different styles and the devotion helped us to look at what style we use as an individual. We also learned that it doesn’t matter what style you use, just do it! The more you do it, the easier it gets. Use your individual gifts to serve God, show love, and spread the Gospel.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
The focus of this meeting was to continue our talks about our mission, vision, core values, and strategy for the future.
What is the purpose of our mission statement?
- It defines the purpose for Victory.
- It’s the phrase that will remind our leaders, staff, and volunteers of our purpose.
- It defines our culture.
- It helps us to set goals with the mission statement as the filter for decision making.
Our working Mission Statement will be: Reaching today’s people with Christ’s victory.
Other Taglines or phrases moving forward will be…
- “Welcome Home, Welcome to Victory.”
- “Your Victory Starts Now”
The next discussion was about Victory’s Core Values. Core values define our culture and the behavioral standards of our church. We examined and discussed the culture here at Victory. We decided that the 5 Core Values for Victory are:
The last part of the meeting we discussed the vision of Victory. In other words, what exactly do we hope to accomplish in the next 12 months. In order to do this, the Leadership Team used our current Linked campaign to be our guide.
The Linked Campaign has 3 major components:
- External or Community Outreach
- Internal or Staffing
- Debt Reduction
We then tried to zero in exactly what this would look like over the next year.
- Identify 3 needs in the community and act on them. Areas that we discussed and would like ideas were:
- Supporting the local Police and Fire Departments.
- Continue to support our local schools.
- Support for the local drug and alcohol dependence groups in the area.
- Hiring 2 new positions at Victory. We will be interviewing next month for two positions. They will be an Office Manager and Financial Assistant. This could consist of 2 different people, or if qualified, one person could be hired to do both positions.
- Paying off the mortgage for the Ministry Center and looking for ways to multiply our ministry. The Lord continues to bless us here at Victory and we will look to reduce our debt for the current building.
-We also had discussions about not being satisfied. We feel the Lord has much more in store for Victory. As we sit in awe of what God has accomplished here at Victory in such a short time frame, it brings up visions of what the future could hold for us. We would like to identify and make a plan for a possible multi-site location. We are not sure exactly what this opportunity to serve the Lord and spread his Gospel will look like at this this time, but that is what we are looking to discover in the near future.
Our next meeting will be on September 9, 2019.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Kevin Rasmussen 262-332-1184 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757
Pastor Ben Sadler 414-380-2090