July/August 2021 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time/Location: August 31, 2021, 6:30pm at the Ministry Center
Present: Pastor Bill, Jacob Guenther, Jim Vogel, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Ben, Mike Shinners, Tim Orlowski, Ron Takacs
Excused: Jojo Moore
- Car Show: Almost 150 people attended with 30 vehicles. Great feedback from attendees!
- Community Concert: Approximately 330 people attended. Great feedback from band, attendees, and food vendors.
- A number of people continuing in the Daily Bible Reading on YouVersion.
- Co-hosted a lunch with Southbrook Church for teachers at Robinwood Elementary and Country Dale Elementary.
- New people attending church after watching online.
- Victory has had numerous baptisms over the last month and upcoming this month.
- Over 30 teens attended the kick-off event for Middle School and Quest.
- Continue to focus on “your one”. Who are you praying for? With whom are you sharing Christ?
- Hearing Loop. Annie continues to look into a hearing loop system to enhance sound at worship for those who are hearing impaired. This project will likely move forward, contingent upon final numbers. This project was requested and will be funded by one of our members.
- Parking Lot. Leadership Team is working on finalizing this project and hoping to have it completed this fall if approved by the City of Franklin in time. Otherwise, it will begin as soon as possible in the spring.
- COVID. Leadership Team discussed requiring masks in Victory Kids. A policy of “mask recommended” will remain in effect at this time.
- A Case for Christianity. Pastor Ben is starting a new Victory University course on September 15. This will be a 4 week study of C.S. Lewis’ book Mere Christianity.
- Financial Report. No concerns at this time. Annual report for 2020/2021 to be released within the next week.
- Personal Time with God. Victory continues to offer opportunities for people to grow in faith with the Your Daily Victory app and Bible Studies on YouVersion.
Next meeting is scheduled for October 11, 2021 at 6:30 pm.