Stay Busy – and Grow too!
Please note: all links below will take you to external websites. Victory of the Lamb is not responsible for the content of the below resources. These are provided as a service to help you and your family as many of us spend time at home.
Need Support? Can You Help?
Victory wants to support the Franklin community and the surrounding area. If you are in need of grocery delivery, a ride to an appointment (if you are healthy), financial assistance, or another need, you can click the button below. You can use this form to let us know you’re available to help, too!
Links and Resources
Use the links below to help you stay busy and healthy while you’re at home with your family! (Note: you can CLICK HERE for updates from Victory about how we’re responding to the COVID-19 pandemic.)
Faith Resources – Adults
Live Streamed Worship: Join us online on Saturdays at 5:00pm and Sundays at 9:00 & 10:30am. We’ll have live music, an inspiring message to help you grow in your faith, and an opportunity for you to connect with your Victory family in the live stream chat.
YouVersion Bible App: A free app that allows you to read dozens of translations of the Bible, as well as read plans created to help you through various challenges and situations. Below are a few recommended plans:
- Promises of God: 28 day plan focusing on what God promises for us in His Word
- From Anxiety to Peace: 6 day plan that helps you find peace in Jesus
- Making Time to Rest: 5 day plan to help you prioritize and grow closer to God
- Psalm 23: 6 day plan from Time of Grace based on Psalm 23
- Job: 5 day video devotion plan from Time of Grace to support you in tough times
- Devotions Based on Chris Tomlin Music: YouVersion offers several devotion plans, ranging from 3 to 7 days, based on albums released by Chris Tomlin. Each day of these has a devotion based on a song and a Scripture reading. (It’s fun to play the song from YouTube first, too!)
- Christ > Corona: An 11 day plan from Time of Grace to help you find peace amidst the Corona crisis.
- Putting an X through Anxiety: A 7 day plan from Louie Giglio to help you fight anxiety with God’s word.
- Keys to Anxiety: A 5 day video devotion series from Time of Grace to help you learn how Jesus cures anxiety.
Time of Grace: This website has written blogs, video devotions, and tons of other great resources to help you grow in your faith. You can subscribe for daily emails, or follow on your favorite Social Media channel.
BIBLICAL STORYLINE PLAN – Victory is reading the Biblical Storyline plan together in 2020. This plan guides you through the Bible in one year. This link takes you to a resource that will get you into the plan and help you through it. Don’t feel like you have to catch up – join in and start today!
Victory Community Online – This is our church’s Facebook group where you’ll get insider information and other resources. A great place to reach out to your Victory family for prayer and support!
Faith Resources – Kids
The Bible App for Kids: A free app from the makers of YouVersion which gives kids an interactive journey through the major stories of the Bible.
YouVersion Bible App: While there are great plans for adults, there are also amazing reading plans for families to do together! Here are a few plans you might consider:
- How Great is Our God: A 7-Day Journey Through the Universe with God, published by Louie Giglio. Each day shares scientific facts about our world or universe, places these wonders in a faith context, provides a guided prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- Indescribable: A 7-Day Journey about God and Science, published by Louie Giglio. Each day shares scientific facts about our world, places these wonders in a faith context, provides a guided prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- Count Your Blessings: A Keys for Kids 7-day devotional. Each day has a story of a kid learning about blessings, a prayer, and a Scripture lesson.
- He is Risen: This 5-day devotion includes a video, lesson, and Scripture reading which walks kids through the events of Holy Week.
- Heroes of the Old Testament: This 25-day devotion includes a video, lesson, and Scripture reading for each day. It shares the stories of the old testament in kid-friendly ways.
- One in a Million: This 7 day devotion from Elevation Kids includes songs and lessons to help kids see how important they are to God.
Victory Kids Facebook Group: While we are unable to meet in person at church, we’ll be posting weekly lessons for you to help your kids grow in their faith. Each lesson will have a video, a lesson, an activity, and prayer for your family to do together. We’ll provide lessons for preschool-aged kids and elementary-aged kids.
Community & Mental Health
Christian Family Solutions: If you or a family member are in need of counseling during this difficult time, or you need assistance with setting up care for senior citizens, check out Christian Family Solutions. They are offering video counseling and other virtual services to serve you, as well as self-help resources through their blog.
Kids and COVID-19: This resource, provided by Aurora Advocate Children’s Hospital, gives parents a variety of resources on COVID-19 and children. It includes resources on how to talk to your kids about COVID-19, social distancing with children, helping kids get used to changes such as seeing people wear masks, keeping your kids safe during COVID-19, and helping children in special populations cope.
Google Hangouts: You can set up group meetings and video chats, as well as send messages, with this free tool. The link includes details for how to get started. (NOTE: You will need a Google account to get started. It’s free!)
Facebook Messenger Video Chats: If you have a Facebook account, you can do more than just check your feed! You can use Facebook Messenger to do video chats with one person or a group of people. You can also send messages, links, stickers and more. This link tells you how to set up a video call on Facebook Messenger. (NOTE: You will need a Facebook account to get started. You can set up Facebook Messenger without setting up a Facebook profile, if you are worried about privacy!)
Absentee Voting: If you’re a registered voter, you can request an absentee ballot for upcoming elections! It takes less than 5 minutes, and it arrives in the mail.
Unemployment Benefits: If you’re unemployed due to COVID-19, you can go here to apply for unemployment benefits.
Educational Resources – Kids
Scholastic Learn-At-Home: Free online courses for kids, based on grade level groupings. Includes content for multiple subjects, videos, and readings. No sign-in required.
Scholastic Interactive Learning: Online tours, science experiments, and other activities by grade level. No sign-in required.
Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems: This author/illustrator and artist-in-residence at the Kennedy Center shares daily art videos for kids to join along with him.
Wild and Free Art Classes: A YouTube channel where kids can take free online art classes. New classes being published every day.
30 Virtual Tours for Kids: A Google Doc with links to zoo webcams, tours of children’s museums, and more!
Zoo-Phonics: Fun, free YouTube video series to help preschool-aged children with phonics development.
Playing Preschool: a list of 190 activities to do with your preschool-aged children at home.
Story Time from Space: Real astronauts read stories from space! Science-related content also available.
Starfall: A free educational resources for preschool through third grade. Includes games and activities to promote learning in math and reading.
Parent Cue: This app provides parents with resources and information to support their kids emotionally and spiritually, based on their developmental age.
Vroom: An app for parents of children aged 0-5; provides resources and tips for helping develop your child’s brain in these formative years.
Focus on the Family – COVID-19 Resources: This resource contains family devotions, parenting resources, and marriage support, tailored to the current situation we’re all facing.
Activities for Kids and Parents: This is a great list of 50 activities that families can do together as they have extra time to fill.
The British Museum: View mummies, the Rosetta Stone, and more!
National Gallery of Art: Virtually walk through exhibits on American fashion and the painter Johannes Vermeer.
National Museum of Natural History: Take virtual tours of various current and past exhibits at this museum in Washington, D.C.
Rijksmuseum in Amsterdam, Netherlands: You can take a virtual tour to view the pieces of art from Dutch artists and others from across the world.
National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea: View six floors of galleries from this museum in Seoul.
Mount Vernon: Take a virtual walk through the residence of our first president, George Washington!
Louvre Museum of Art in Paris, France: Choose your virtual tour of many of the famous art exhibits in this museum.
Georgia Aquarium Webcams: Go underwater without getting wet! Enjoy several live views of tanks from the Georgia Aquarium.
Monterey Bay Aquarium Webcams: Tune in for narrated feedings every weekday, and see a variety of animals in their habitats, including sharks, otters, turtles, and penguins.
Physical Fitness & Outdoors
50 Free Workouts from Home: A list of links to free workout videos you can use at home. List includes cardio, yoga, barre, and more.
Strength-Training Exercises for Kids: This list from Parents Magazine can provide you with some workouts you can do with your children.
9 Best Exercise Videos for Kids: YouTube video links to videos that provide age-appropriate workouts for kids.
50 Fun Things to Do Outside with Kids as a Family: a list of great activities you can do in your own backyard!
Barre District Videos: Join this Facebook group, run by Jessi Larson (Owner of Barre District Oak Creek), for free barre workout videos you can follow along with from home.