Read the Bible Together
You’re invited to join in the Biblical Storyline plan, year-long Scripture reading journey that you can take with your Victory family. Join in the plan using the YouVersion app. Each day, you’ll read a section of Scripture and get an opportunity to join in the discussion about the reading. Throughout the plan, you’ll also find videos by The Bible Project to help you understand what you’ve read.
YouVersion is free to download; you just need an email address to get started. Click the link below to find the plan on YouVersion. If you already have the app, it will open automatically once you click the link. If you don’t have the app yet, you’ll get an opportunity to download it once you click on the link: YouVersion plan.
Biblical Storyline Lecture Series
To further support your reading, we’ll offer a lecture series on the topics you’ll be reading in the plan. These will be held at Victory on the 1st Wednesday of every month at 6:30pm, starting February 5. Pastors from our Victory family will lead these lectures.
Here’s a list of topics for the lecture series:
- February 5 – What’s Up with All These Laws? (Pastor Bob Johannes)
- March 4 – Are All Religions Basically the Same? (Pastor Ben)
- April 1 – Law and Gospel: Does Anything Ever Change? (Prof. Frosty Bivens)
- May 6 – Mixing Religion and Politics (Pastor Bob Johannes)
- June 3 – Living in Today’s Culture as a Christian (Pastor Ben)
- July 1 – The Role of Old Testament Prophets and Scripture (Prof. Frosty Bivens)
- August 5 – Prayer: Does It Really Matter? (Pastor Kevin Hundley)
- September 2 – Ecclesiastes: Finding Purpose When Life Feels Meaningless (Pastor Ben)
- October 7 – The Need and Value of Knowing If We’re God’s People (Prof. Frosty Bivens)
- November 4 – What was Jesus Really Like? (Pastor Bob Johannes)
- December 2 – How did Christianity Change the World? (Pastor Kevin Hundley)
- January 6 – Apocalyptic Literature: Hard? Easy? Wonderful? (Prof. Frosty Bivens)