Engaged? Thinking about Getting Engaged?
If you and your significant other are preparing to tie the knot, make sure to include this pre-marriage seminar in your wedding preparations! This group counseling course, run by Pastor Bill and Pastor Ben, is designed for couples who are engaged or considering engagement to get to know each other and grow in faith together as you plan for married life.
Couples will also meet with Pastor Bill individually to plan for the wedding ceremony at a later date.
Saturday, February 11 // 9:30am-2:30pm
The seminar is free and includes a free lunch! Registration is required. Use the Registration button to sign up.
What to Expect
This will be a small group session which will allow you to get to know other couples in a similar stage of life, ask questions, and get to know your spouse-to-be. Here’s an outline of the topics you will cover with Pastor Bill:
The Blueprint for Marriage
- Why did God design marriage?
- What is the purpose of marriage?
- How long does God want us to stay married?
Love in a Marriage
- What are the roles of husbands and wives in a marriage?
- What is love, and how does it relate to God’s love for us?
The Five Love Languages
- What are the different ways that people can show and receive love?
- How does my spouse-to-be show and receive love?
- What are some differences between me and my spouse-to-be that might cause conflict?
- How can we deal with conflict in constructive ways?
- Why is it important to deal with conflict and forgive one another?
God’s Gift of Sex in Marriage
- What is God’s plan for sex? What role does God intend for sex to play in a marriage?
- How can Christ provide a fresh start and new beginning when it comes to sex?
Christ Is the Foundation of the Marriage
- How does having Christ at the center of our home keep us strong?
- What are some practices or habits we can develop as a couple to keep Christ as the foundation of our lives?
Managing God’s Gifts
- Why is it important to come up with a financial plan in our marriage?
- What roles do giving, saving, and living have in our financial plan?