A one and a half day marriage enrichment event at Victory of the Lamb on Friday, May 13 from 6:30-9:00pm and Saturday, May 14 from 9:00am-4:00pm based on the renowned workshop The Art of Marriage. “The Art of Marriage weaves together expert teaching, real-life stories, humorous vignettes, and more to portray both the challenges and the beauty of God’s design.” Contact Pastor Ben with any questions. A light lunch, snacks, and drinks will be provided on Saturday.
The following topics will be covered:
Topic 1: Love Happens (Purpose of Marriage)
- God designed marriage and has a great plan in mind.
- The primary purpose of marriage is to reflect God’s glory to a watching world.
- It is important to receive your mate as God’s perfect gift for you.
Topic 2: Love Fades (Drift to Isolation)
- Couples naturally drift toward isolation.
- Our differences and weaknesses push us apart.
- Sin has affected every marriage.
- The gospel brings healing and reconciliation.
- Couples must learn to walk by the power of the Holy Spirit in marriage.
Topic 3: Love Dances (Roles)
- God designed different responsibilities for men and women in marriage.
- Though their responsibilities are different, men and women are still equal in value.
- God calls men to sacrificially love and lead their wives.
- God calls women to respect and support their husbands.
Topic 4: Love Interrupted (Communication)
- Conflict is common to all marriages.
- The goal is not to be conflict-free but to learn to handle conflict correctly when it occurs.
- Healthy conflict resolution occurs when couples are willing to seek and grant forgiveness.
Topic 5: Love Sizzles (Romance and Sex)
- God created sex and has a wonderful design in mind.
- A satisfying sex life is the result of a satisfying marriage relationship.
- The ultimate purpose of sex is to bring pleasure and glory to God.
Topic 6: Love Always (Legacy)
- To leave a godly legacy, we must think about the impact of our lives on future generations.
- Our hope for leaving a lasting legacy is through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Leaving a godly legacy requires putting a stake in the ground.
For those not yet married…
Consider Pastor Ben’s Pre-Marriage Workshop. Four sessions to help you build a strong foundation on which to build your life together – whether you are getting married, or just thinking about it. Topics include good communication, healthy ways to deal with conflict, personality differences, money, kids and more.
Update: Marriage Enrichment Weekend Recap
Our first marriage enrichment event in our new ministry center was a great success last weekend. 16 people were able to attend “The Art of Marriage.” Here were some of the comments:
“We both feel re-energized and re-focused on what is important in our marriage…a very powerful and enjoyable time.”
“It was stimulating, humbling, and affected my heart.”
“Gave us a platform to talk about things we don’t usually take the time to address.”
“It pointed us back to Christ in our marriage—how much we left him out in some things…made us realize how important Jesus is in the little things in marriage that we take for granted.”
“We’ve decided to make a stronger commitment to each other.”
Based on the overwhelmingly positive feedback I received, I hope to again host another event this Fall. Stay tuned.