June 2018 Leadership Team Update
Date/Time/Location: 6/4/2018, 6:30-9:00pm at the Ministry Center
Present: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Jim Kehoe, Jeff Guenther, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Bill
Our meeting began with a devotion based on Psalm 130. Here, we are reminded that sin disrupts our relationship with God. However, because of God’s unfailing love, He loves to forgive us for our sins. We have hope for redemption because Jesus has already paid the ultimate price for us.
Victory Stories: Mother’s Day service and video was truly outstanding. Thank You Sammi! The LeMarr fundraiser was also a success. We raised $1800 for the family. Thanks to everyone!
Financial Ministry Plan: The financial ministry plan was approved by the Leadership Team for the fiscal year running from July 2018 to June 2019. Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed to the members of the Leadership Team.
Call Update: The Leadership Team is exploring all avenues as we evaluate our next Call to be our next Pastor at VOTL. Pastor Bill and the Leadership Team are looking to make a Call in the near future. More information as it becomes available.
- Country Dale Partnership: We have teamed up with Country Dale Elementary School for a number of events recently. Victory of the Lamb provided breakfast for Teacher Appreciation Day. We also provided ice cream for their end of the year Ice cream Social. We are also going to adopt a classroom for the next school year. Country Dale has been very thankful for our generosity. We have opened some eyes from the Country Dale community to Victory of the Lamb. May the Lord be blessed!
- Soccer Camp: Coming up during the week of June 25
- Parade: The Franklin Civic Celebration parade is on July 4.
- Franklin Night Out: This is an outreach opportunity on August 6.
- New members to Victory of the Lamb: Mike and Jeanne Emmrich with Bri, Abby, and Tyler; Brian and Lori Zellmer; Melissa Roder; Melissa Struck; Colleen Struck.
- Confirmation class and Quest: will be in full swing once again in September.
- New confirmation class materials: have been purchased from St. Mark and Pastor Eric Hansen.
- Sanctuary Art: Small fix ups to the Sanctuary Art is in process.
- Creative Team: A Creative Team is being put in place to gain feedback about the worship service. Even ideas about things to put into the sermon.
- Summer Bible Study: Frosty Bivens will be leading a Summer Bible study on Wednesday evenings beginning July 11th.
- Men’s Ministry: Men’s Ministry Small Group will be starting end of June or early July.
- Prayer Team: Prayer Ministry Group will be starting as well.
Fellowship (Jim K.)
- Brewer Game: Scheduled for on August 3rd. Game at 7:00 with tailgating starting at 4:30.
- Parsonage: Work continues at the parsonage. Lawn will be taken care of by a lawn service.
- Parking Lot: Asphalt work is underway at the Ministry Center.
- The new signage in the lobby of the Ministry Center looks outstanding.
- Victory of the Lamb will be hosting a Tech Conference in January or February. It will be used to help other WELS churches and show them some of the things we are currently doing at VOTL.
- In September, the church service times will be changing at VOTL. Look for the times to be moving to 9:00 and 10:30.
- Next Leadership Team meeting TBA.
Contact the Leadership Team
Any questions or concerns, please contact the Leadership Team (email@example.com) or any of the individual members:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Jim Kehoe 414-426-5872 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757