April 2019 LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
Date/Time/Location: April 8, 2019 6:30-9:00 at the Ministry Center
Present: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Jeff Guenther, Steve Abramowski, Kevin Rasmussen, Pastor Bill
OPENING AND DEVOTION
Our meeting began with a special welcome to Kevin Rasmussen. Thank You Kevin, and welcome to the Leadership Team!
Our meeting continued with a brief devotion on Psalm 133. Here, we are reminded of God’s promise of spiritual and physical blessings through His grace.
- On average, 65 unique IP addresses log in for our livestream services on Sunday mornings.
- People were parking on the grass last week. No parking spots available!
- As of right now, financial contributions are above the amount projected for this fiscal year. To the Lord goes all the praise!
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- We as a church family need to continue to invite others to hear the Gospel message. Sometimes people just need a little nudge to come check out Victory! Go for it!
- There will be a Linked Update this weekend. The Lord continues to amaze!
- Country Dale Elementary School will continue to be our public school partner. Victory will once again sponsor a Teacher Appreciation function, as well as the annual Ice Cream Social on June 5.
- Victory will be having another Blood Drive on May 22.
- Soccer Camp will be once again at Polonia and will be July 8–11.
- Pastor Bill met with Mayor Olson and Lisa Truong from Thrivent. Both had some ideas for VOTL to get more involved in the Franklin community. Stay tuned!
- Maundy Thursday Service April 18 at 6:30pm.
- Good Friday Service April 19 at 6:30pm.
- Easter Sunday Services on April 21.
- Mother’s Day Service on May 12.
- Victory Kids and Quest have had an increase in attendance.
- Confirmation for nine 8th graders will be on May 5.
- Many small groups meet regularly. We have new leaders, and we need more families to get involved!
- Social media continues to be a huge asset. Check it out and spread the news to others!
- Installation for Pastor Ben will be on April 28th.
- Two families are setting up a team to develop more interaction among people before and after services near the Victory Café.
- Ministry Center
- New security cameras will be put into place. They will be an update and have more details.
- We are still investigating adding new office space. Hopefully a quote and design will be coming soon.
- New mulch will be placed on April 13.
- We are looking into doing some touch up painting and staining at the Ministry Center.
- Plainsview parsonage is all set for Pastor Ben on April 13.
- Elm Court parsonage has some minor Handy Man type work to be done. Any Volunteers???
- The Leadership Team had discussions regarding staff reviews, and also possible salary increases for the next fiscal year. They also discussed having an Audit done for the church finances. Our church has grown enough that we want to make sure our finances are in order.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Kevin Rasmussen 262-332-1184 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757