February 2019 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time/Location: February 12, 2019 6:30-9:00 at the Ministry Center
Present: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Scott Nelson, Jeff Guenther, Steve Abramowski, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Bill
Our meeting began with a brief devotion and prayer led by Pastor Bill. It reminded us that our sins are forgiven. It also was a reminder to serve the Lord with joy and selflessness.
- Our Happy Heads and Hands campaign was a success! We were able to help 150 kids at Country Dale elementary school in Franklin.
- Victory has 30 new members since the beginning of 2019. We are gaining interest as far West as Oconomowoc and Ixonia. To the Lord be praised!
Topics of Discussion
- Meeting Change: The Leadership Team will now be meeting on the second Tuesday of the month. This is a change from the second Monday of each month.
- Call Update: The Leadership Team extended a Call to Pastor Ben Sadler. Pastor Ben currently serves at Goodview Trinity Lutheran Church in Winona, MN. Please keep Pastor Ben and his family in your prayers as he deliberates his two calls to serve the Lord.
- Learning and Growing: The Leadership Team continues to evaluate our church and look for new ideas on how to make Victory an even better church. We have been reading articles from a series called “The Unstuck Church.” The latest chapter reminded us to continue to look for more lost souls. Victory must continue to live up to our guiding principles and invite more people to check out our church. The average person knows 150 people. If we ask people to come to our church, statistics show 83% of the people will check out our church. Once they are here, the Holy Spirit can work in their hearts. Our job is to invite people, so GO FOR IT!
- Financial Report: The Leadership Team reviewed the financial report for Victory. Our treasurer, as always, did an amazing job summarizing our financial picture. Once again, we cannot believe how much the Lord continues to bless Victory.
- LINKED Campaign: Leadership Team discussed plans for the Linked campaign. Victory will distribute the Linked funds for the first year as follows: 70% debt reduction, 15% staffing, and 15% community outreach. The dollar amounts for the first year, based on potential contributions could be: $255K for debt reduction, and $55K for community as well as $55K for staffing. These are all estimates, but the numbers show how blessed Victory continues to be. All the glory goes to our Lord!
- Facility Use: The Franklin Recreation Department continues to inquire about the possibility of using our facility for various programs. The Leadership Team will be reviewing our Facility Use Policy as well as checking to see if any insurance policies would need to be tweaked. We will be looking at all of this before the community would be using our facility.
- Office Expansion: As Victory continues to grow, we will be in need of more office space for our employees of the church. We have contacted an interior designer/engineer to investigate the possibility of converting our Welcome Area into additional office space. We should have possible plans and quotes to check out this possibility by the next meeting.
- Parsonage Facilities: The previous Kuerth parsonage is nearing the completion of its renovation project. It will be finished soon, and will be an option for a future incoming Pastor.
- Water Line Expansion: Updating the future water line that Victory will be responsible for funding. It looks as though Victory will be responsible for roughly $75,000 to put in this line. Obviously, this cost is not something that anyone is excited about. We would like to reiterate that this cost is something that Victory knew would be a possibility when the Ministry Center was built. At the time of construction, we did not have the funding to accomplish this task, so it was put off to a later date. Well, that time is coming up soon. We will know a timeline in the near future once we are in contact with the City of Franklin. Because of your generosity, Victory will be able to take care of this expense.
The next Leadership Team meeting will be March 12, 2019
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Scott Nelson 262-902-7233 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757