January 2019 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time/Location: Sunday, January 6 4:00-6:00pm at the Ministry Center
Present: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Scott Nelson, Jeff Guenther, Steve Abramowski, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Bill
Our meeting began with a brief devotion and prayer led by Pastor Bill. Pastor Bill shared the The Bible Project video on Genesis 1-3. These videos will be used in the Small Steps Facebook group to help people grow in their faith.
We had wonderful attendance on Christmas Eve. Mike Westendorf led a meaningful concert worship on Christmas Day. Most importantly, we have numerous people who love Victory as their place for worship and want to join us.
Topics of DIscussion
- Call of Associate Pastor: We called Pastor Andy Mueller, Beautiful Savior, Las Vegas, NV.
- Mission, Vision, and Strategy: We continued our study of Unstuck Church. Tonight, we looked our growth engines.
- Evangelism. Personal invitations are still the best way. We also use social media to share the love of Christ. Also, our community efforts and generosity are also great ways to show the love of Christ. This includes working with Country Dale and working more closely with the city of Franklin.
- Increase Small Groups. Another training seminar is scheduled. These trainings make the on-ramps to small groups clear. They also provide opportunities to share testimonials and invitations.
- Volunteerism. We are blessed with many faithful volunteers. To improve our volunteerism, we will train and recruit with clear guidelines.
- Expanding the Front Door: Studies show that for a church to maintain the average number of worshipers for the next year as they did in the previous, there needs to be one new visitor per present member. So, a church of 500 members needs to have 500 first time visitors just to maintain status quo. We know all people are welcome at Victory. However, people don’t know they are welcome until we actually invite them. We have outward focus, so let’s be sure to share the good news of Jesus!
- Linked Campaign: The committee will meet in a couple of weeks. After the meeting, they will have a presentation of God’s generosity working through our members and our supports. As of right now, commitments are over $900,000. To God be the glory!
- Engage Luncheon – January 13
- Small Group Training – January 16 and 23
- Build Class – January 22, 29, and Feb 5
- Guest Speaker – Bob Johannes – January 27
- Discover – January 27
- January 29 – Pastor Bill meets with National Christian Foundation
The meeting concluded with Prayer Requests and prayer.
The next Leadership Team meeting will be on February 12, 2019.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Scott Nelson 262-902-7233 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757