June 2019 LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
Date/Time/Location: June 10, 2019 6:30-9:00 at the Ministry Center
Present: Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Steve Abramowski, Jason Seiberlich, Kevin Rasmussen, Pastor Bill, Pastor Ben
OPENING AND DEVOTION
Our meeting began with a brief devotion on Psalm 135. Here, we are reminded that we are God’s treasured possessions, and because of this we have reason to praise God!
John Sebald was a special guest to our meeting. He gave a presentation about Wisconsin Lutheran High School. Wisconsin Lutheran is doing great things for our youth in the Milwaukee area. Victory makes a yearly contribution to this WELS high school to help support the great work they do. John asked the Leadership Team to prayerfully consider contributing money again this year to support Wisco. The Leadership Team will determine that amount in the near future.
- Victory has many new faces who are becoming fully engaged in our mission.
- We are having a jump in attendance in church, as well as those watching on line.
- God continues to do great things for Victory. To Him goes all the praise!
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
Financial Ministry Plan
- The Leadership Team spent time going over the proposed budget for our next fiscal year. We then approved the budget. The budget can be reviewed by anyone per request.
- As part of our Linked campaign, adding new staffing is a possibility. The Leadership Team is strongly considering hiring someone to be in charge of our finances. Victory has grown enough to warrant this position. The Leadership Team is still determining the job description and amount of hours that this position would entail.
- The Leadership Team always is reminded of our Outreach driven goals of Victory. “The height of selfishness is to not tell others about Jesus.”
- Our church growth stats are staggering; however, we are always reminded to stay focused on our goals. The Gospel always needs to be shared. To God goes all the praise!
Pastor Ben updated the Leadership Team on some of his goals.
- He continues to work on various podcasts and his blog.
- Pastor Ben would like to meet the members of Victory. There will be sign-ups in groups of 10, coming soon. His goal is to meet 80% of members and regular attenders within the next 3 months.
- Pastor Ben wants to have Small Groups ready to roll in September. This includes training the small group leaders.
- Lastly, Pastor Ben would like to begin a men’s mentoring program. The theory is when the men step forward, the stronger our families will become. We need our men to be strong leaders!
Ron Takacs updated the Leadership Team on the various small projects going on at the Ministry Center.
The Leadership Team finished with some discussion about the various insurance plans and options that we have for our pastors and staff. We will be doing some research as to what is best for everyone moving forward in terms of cost and coverage. We will have more information as the end of the year insurance/benefit sign up gets closer.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Kevin Rasmussen 262-332-1184 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757
Pastor Ben Sadler 414-380-2090