LEADERSHIP TEAM UPDATE – March 15, 2018
Location: Ministry Center
Members in Attendance: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Jim Kehoe, Jeff Guenther, Steve Abramowski, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Bill
Our leadership team meeting began with a devotion based on Revelation 1:9-20. Here, we are reminded that God is always in charge. Even when it seems that things are out of control, God has a plan and everything will work out. Revelation also spoke to the point that God distributes Pastors to his churches at just the right time. What a great comfort this is to VOTL as we seek a second Pastor for the church!
Victory Stories of VotL
- A special Thank You to all of the volunteer hours being put in at the parsonage. A lot of work has already been done, but there is still a fair amount to get accomplished. A special shout out to Ron Takacs for organizing the work being done.
- Sammi and Annie have hit the ground running and have been doing a fantastic job in their new roles at VotL. Thank you to both of you, we are truly blessed!
- Special new guests attending services recently. Examples include someone coming to church for only the third time in their life, and people coming all the way from Ixonia! The Lord is truly working wonders at VotL, to Him goes all the Glory!
Call for Pastor
The meeting continued with the Leadership Team making a call for a second Pastor. Pastor Eric Hansen was called. Eric currently is a Pastor at St. Mark in De Pere, Wi. Please keep Pastor Hansen in your prayers as He deliberates the two calls that He now has to serve the Lord. Pastor Hansen is currently on a family vacation, and upon return will be celebrating Holy Week at St. Mark. Because of this, an answer on our Call may take a little extra time.
Victory Kids numbers are staying the same. Pastor Bill will evaluate with Liz and see if there are any concerns that need to be addressed.
Unfortunately, there is another delay for the Sanctuary Art. The hope is that it will be installed within the next month.
- As you may have already seen, there are Easter Invites available now in church. Please take as many as you want and distribute them to friends, family, neighbors or anyone who would like to spend Easter with us at VOTL. If we don’t invite people, they may not know that they are welcome to join us!
- Bible 101 Plus is under way. There will soon be online modules available for those who may have scheduling conflicts. This is a great tool to stay up to date in Bible 101.
- New Members
2-25-18 (Jia) Luke and Anna (Greanya) Lu, Silas and Ezra
2-25-18 Brad and Christine McNeil and Porter
2-25-18 Todd and Lynn Barnhardt, Jack and Emma
2-25-18 Cathy Viercks
3-13-18 Marian Zell
- Transfers out to St. Paul’s, Cudahy – 3-13-18 Dan and Melissa Tomcyzk, Noah and Mia
Parking Lot Update
We are looking to move forward with putting the final top coat on the parking lot. This will include repairing any current damage from the last couple years, some new curbing to prohibit any further damage, and the final top coat. We have many different quotes and are looking to move forward with Merit Asphalt. The final cost will be in the $60,000 range. We have the funding available to move forward with this project. More updates to follow.
There was more talk about adjusting the church service times. The possibility of changing to 9:00 and 10:30 service times was discussed. The length of service times may need to be adjusted to accommodate these times. There will be more information to come. No changes would happen until probably June.
- Maundy Thursday and Good Friday Services at 6:30PM.
- Easter services at regular times.
- Pastor Bill vacation May 24-June 3.
- Next Leadership Team meeting will be April 9th.
Leadership Team Contact Information
Any questions or concerns? Please contact anyone on the Leadership Team.
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844
Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805
Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951
Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Jim Kehoe 414-426-5872
Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757