SEPTEMBER 2018 LEADERSHIP TEAM MEETING
Date/Time/Location: September 10, 2018 6:30-9:00 at the Ministry Center
Present: Jim Vogel, Jay Justmann, Ron Takacs, Jim Kehoe, Jason Seiberlich, Steve Abramowski, Pastor Bill
Our meeting began with a devotion based on Psalm 129. Here, we are reminded of Israel’s oppression, but the Lord delivered them. We also have much oppression in our lives, but we can take comfort that God will also deliver us just as He delivered Israel.
- Many new attenders, new faces, and likes to Victory of the Lamb.
- Adopt a classroom at Country Dale elementary school was a success. $2500 was donated.
TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Call: Pastor Bill has been in continual contact with Pastor Kolander, our District President. Victory is looking to possibly call our next pastor within the next month. More info to follow.
- As plans for the new Foxconn development continue, Victory and the WELS synod are staying vigilant to see if there may be any opportunities for growth in this new area of quickly growing population. There are meetings taking place in the near future.
- Zechariah’s Acres in Oconomowoc was brought to our attention as a place that could be an opportunity for outreach for Victory.
- As unbelievable as it sounds, Christmas is only 3 months away! With Christmas being one of Victory’s biggest outreach opportunities, plans are being looked at already. We are looking at what time for church services for that entire weekend will be most beneficial. We are also looking at some possible very unique plans to continue to meet new people where they are at. Stay Tuned!
- Path to Victory: Discover will show new attenders the classes that are available. The three steps after Discover are Foundations, Build, and Engage. Each will build on each other and provide a path to membership at Victory of the Lamb.
- Good start to Confirmation Class and Quest. 17 students to start the year in Confirmation Class.
Stewardship (Jim V.)
- A new Capital Campaign is in the works for the future. This will be used for community outreach, staffing, and debt reduction among other things. The use of a Capital Campaign will enable Victory of the Lamb to do more ministry and to bring more people to Jesus.
- Sammi’s blog will be going out Monday’s via Instagram.
- Small Groups is off to a fantastic start.
- Frosty Bivens will be having Bible class in October on Wednesday evenings.
Fellowship (Jim K.)
- New members Bruce and Beth Babler would like to make the Victory Café area more relational. They are looking into ways to have more people mingling among groups.
- We purchased an AED for the Ministry Center at a price of around $1400.
- We will purchase 50 new chairs for the Ministry Center. Some are showing wear, and we need more for busy services.
- Work continues at the Parsonage. If you are able to volunteer your time, we would appreciate your efforts!
**NOTE: There are no minutes from the August 2018 Leadership Team meeting, as it was a working meeting.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jay Justmann 414-507-4548
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Steve Abramowski 414-915-6951 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Jim Kehoe 414-426-5872 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757