CLASSIFICATION: Hired 10-15 hours/week
Accountable to: Lead Pastor and Associate Pastor
Directly Supervises: Music Team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead, coach, and coordinate a growing worship band made up of volunteer musicians of different backgrounds and abilities.
- Oversee and assist volunteers who mentor, coach, and build the confidence of young musicians. Incorporate them into worship when appropriate.
- Foster healthy communication between the tech team and music team.
- Promote and conduct music auditions.
- Prepare music for musicians (chord sheets, practice tracks, etc.)
- Manage Planning Center Online worship planning website
- Schedule music volunteers for worship services and practices, or oversee a supporting volunteer.
- Work with volunteers and pastors to select music for worship services.
- Work with team volunteers to identify equipment needs, repairs, and purchases.
- Understands principles of Christ-centered, Lutheran worship
- Strong ability on a lead instrument such as piano or guitar
- High level of confidence, exercised with humility
- Willingness to work with volunteers of various abilities and help them grow
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; enjoys collaborating
- Excellent team building skills
- Creativity and flexibility to incorporate different instruments and styles
- Desires to maintain the best of old (hymns, etc.) and blend with best of new
- Loves discovering and incorporating new music
LENGTH OF SERVICE