NOVEMBER 2021 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time/Location: November 8, 2021, 6:30pm at the Ministry Center
Present: Pastor Bill, Jacob Guenther, Jim Vogel, Jason Seiberlich, Pastor Ben, Mike Shinners, Tim Orlowski, Ron Takacs, Jojo Moore
Pastor Bill shared an opening devotion and discussed what each member is thankful for.
- Mercy Ministry fund has allowed for generous giving to help families in our congregation and community in crisis.
- Thunder Hearing completed the Telecoil Loop install to support those with hearing impairments at worship.
- Pastor Ben had first small group Men’s Mentoring meeting. Pastor Ben is very encouraged by how all the men are so involved.
- Many members, regular attenders, and guests participated in the latest Victory University Class (What Divides and Unites Us As Christians).
- Financial picture is still very good for Victory.
- Victory Café is back!
- Afghanistan Refugee Drive: Victory has 2 members heading this up and coordinating with Team Rubicon and Fort McCoy. The drive will go through November 21. Keep this group in our prayers. How can God use us to bring Jesus to them
- Thanksgiving Offering: We’ll be doing a reverse offering this year to support those who attend in-person and online to be able to support their communities. We’re excited to see how God uses this opportunity!
- Jingle Jam: This outreach event is coming up on December 3. Please pray about how you can get involved through volunteering, donating, and inviting.
- Upcoming Holiday Services
- Thanksgiving Eve 6:30 – Discussion on reverse offering which has been a tradition here at VOTL, and how this looks for online attenders.
- Christmas Eve – Discussion around having 3 Christmas Eve services, 1.5 hours apart, and 1 service on the 23rd
- December 26 – Services for this date will be online-only.
- January 2 – The team discussed having virtual services only or only one in-person service. Pastor Bill to talk with staff and volunteers to see what this looks like.
- Communion: The team discussed how we might go back to sharing the Lord’s Supper every weekend at worship.
- Financial – The team discussed insurance for the pastors for 2022.
Next meeting is scheduled for December 13, 2021 at 6:30 pm.