SEptember 2020 Leadership Team Meeting
Date/Time/Location: September 14, 2020, 6:30pm
Present: Pastor Bill, Pastor Ben, Jacob Guenther, Jeff Guenther, Jim Vogel, Ronald Takacs, Jason Seiberlich, JoJo Moore, Kevin Rasmussen
Pastor Bill opened the meeting with prayer. The devotion centered around the book Intentional Churches.
- The mentoring programs both have good participation.
- A new member re-engaged with us via our live stream feed.
- We received a thank you letter from Mayor Olson for the donation made to the Franklin Police Department for LINKED.
Parking Lot – Research is still being done to complete this project. Some cost shopping still needs to be completed.
WISCO Delegate – Because Victory is one of the supporting churches for Wisconsin Lutheran High School, we need to provide a delegate to represent our church in school-related decisions. Pastor Bill will reach out for a volunteer to be our delegate.
Internet Upgrade – Victory has contracted with Spectrum to upgrade our internet service. September 5th was to be our delivery date, and this is still pending.
Electrostatic Sprayer for Church – In order to more easily and effectively sanitize surfaces at church, we will buy an electrostatic sprayer. This can be used to sanitize the worship space for now and to help sanitize toys and surfaces in the Victory Kids wing in the future.
Tech Position – Interviews are done and the interview committed is waiting on reference checks to make a final decision. The candidate will start October 1st.
Worship Tech – Lights on the altar need repair. Volunteers plan to do the work to make the repairs.
Attendance – Victory had 90 attendees at 9:00am service on Sunday. The Leadership Team discussed revisiting our policy to increase our attendance limit from 25% to 50%. They also discussed how Victory could rearrange seating to potentially accommodate the increase.
Intentional Churches Study
The Leadership Team began an extended study on the book Intentional Churches. Some of the topics discussed as part of this study included:
- Review of church growth from Polonia to Showtime and to our current site
- Examining the hurdles and successes in our growth
- Revisited the discussions over the last several months included topics of personal evangelism, deeper discipleship, multiplying leaders, multi-sites, watch parties and digital churches
- Started working on the activities outlined in the book, including Intentional Leader
- Discussed if we will dedicate the new few meetings to discussing our strategies
Next meeting is scheduled for October 12, 2020 at 6:30 pm.
Any questions or concerns, please contact anyone on the Leadership Team:
Jim Vogel 414-975-0844 Jake Guenther 858-373-7816
Ron Takacs 414-510-4805 Jeff Guenther 414-313-0805
Kevin Rasmussen 262-332-1184 Jason Seiberlich 920-420-5192
Jojo Moore 414-839-8946 Pastor Bill Limmer 608-556-1757
Pastor Ben Sadler 414-380-2090