Suffering can help us better understand the ambitions of our hearts.
Scriptures: Numbers 12:1-15; 1 Peter 4:12-19; Mark 9:30-37; Psalm 31
Sermon Text: Mark 9:30-37; 10:35-45
My Next Steps
Question to Ponder: Who has been an example to you of a Christ-like servant? What effect has that person had on your life?
Treasure to Share: “For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many” (Mark 10:45).
Opportunities to Serve:
- Volunteer at church
- Visit someone in the hospital or nursing home
- Have a special family time
- Call or send a note to someone who might be lonely or hurting
- Invite someone to church or Bible study
- Pray for my pastor
- Ask if anyone in the neighborhood needs help with a task
- Consider learning about becoming a foster parent
- Get involved with our local pregnancy center run by WELS Lutherans For Life